Re: VARCHAR versus TEXT when using psychopg2, sqlalchemy and redshift - Mailing list psycopg

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: VARCHAR versus TEXT when using psychopg2, sqlalchemy and redshift
Date
List psycopg
On 08/30/2015 12:04 PM, Christopher Brooks wrote:
> Yes, this is what I was aiming to do.  Maybe I've got the sql alchemy
> syntax wrong?  I though insert().values took in iterables for row by row
> inserts...

Think you want to take a look here:

http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_1_0/core/dml.html#sqlalchemy.sql.expression.Insert.values

in particular:

The Insert construct also supports multiply-rendered VALUES construct,
for those backends which support this SQL syntax (SQLite, Postgresql,
MySQL). This mode is indicated by passing a list of one or more
dictionaries/tuples:

users.insert().values([
                     {"name": "some name"},
                     {"name": "some other name"},