Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015/08/26 16:07, Kouhei Kaigai wrote:
I wrote:
>> Maybe I'm missing something, but why do we need such a flexiblity for
>> the columnar-stores?

> Even if we enforce them a new interface specification comfortable to RDBMS,
> we cannot guarantee it is also comfortable to other type of FDW drivers.

Specifically, what kind of points about the patch are specific to RDBMS?

> If module-X wants to implement the EPQ fallback routine by itself, without
> alternative plan, too rich interface design prevents what module-X really
> wants to do.

Sorry, I fail to see the need or advantage for module-X to do so, in
practice because I think EPQ testing is only execute a subplan for a
*single* set of component test tuples.  Maybe I'm missing something, though.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita