Re: Test code is worth the space - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Test code is worth the space
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 8/15/15 4:45 AM, Petr Jelinek wrote:
> We could fix a) by adding ORDER BY to those queries but I don't see how
> to fix the rest easily or at all without sacrificing some test coverage.

Hopefully at some point we'll have test frameworks that don't depend on
capturing raw psql output, which presumably makes dealing with a lot of
this easier.

Maybe some of this could be handled by factoring BLKSZ into the queries...

A really crude solution would be to have expected output be BLKSZ
dependent where appropriate. No one will remember to test that by hand,
but if we have CI setup then maybe it's workable...