stack depth - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael H
Subject stack depth
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All,

I'm tuning up my database and need to increase the max_stack_depth
parameter in postgresql.conf.

I've edited the /etc/security/limits.conf and added
*               soft    stack   12288
*               hard    stack   12288

but I noticed the comments at the top of the file -
#This file sets the resource limits for the users logged in via PAM.
#It does not affect resource limits of the system services.

After saving my changes and rebooting postgresql will not start, I know
that the configuration change I have made will only affect users
authenticated by PAM but I need to amend the stack depth for ALL system
processes.

I'm also asking on the CentOS mailing list but have been pointed to the
file above which is not the setting I require.

while logged in I can run ulimit -s 12288 but this only affects the
current shell.

Thanks for your time,

Michael