Re: PSQLODBC.DLL - The (maximum) expected data length is 8000, while the returned data length is 9606. - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: PSQLODBC.DLL - The (maximum) expected data length is 8000, while the returned data length is 9606.
Date
In response to PSQLODBC.DLL - The (maximum) expected data length is 8000, while the returned data length is 9606.  ("Jens Sorensen (Intuii)" <JensSorensen@Intuii.com>)
Responses Re: PSQLODBC.DLL - The (maximum) expected data length is 8000, while the returned data length is 9606.  ("Jens Sorensen (Intuii)" <JensSorensen@Intuii.com>)
List pgsql-odbc
On 07/27/2015 11:18 PM, Jens Sorensen (Intuii) wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> I've replaced the 'text' column.
>
> Here is the error messages when I use 'varchar(max)':
>
> Msg 7347, Level 16, State 1, Procedure RetrieveHttpEvents, Line 18
> OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' for linked server '(null)' returned data that does not match expected data length for
column'[MSDASQL].uri'. The (maximum) expected data length is 8000, while the returned data length is 9606.

> And here is the error messages when I use 'varchar(max)':
>
> Msg 7347, Level 16, State 1, Procedure RetrieveHttpEvents, Line 18
> OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' for linked server '(null)' returned data that does not match expected data length for
column'[MSDASQL].uri'. The (maximum) expected data length is 8000, while the returned data length is 9606.

> So unfortunately this does not appear to have made a difference.
>
> Here is my current query on SQL Server:
>

> What additional information can I provide you that would be useful?

You are doing a server to server transformation where psqlodbc is just
one component in the mix. It would be helpful to have the entire
transformation laid out in schematic for:

Postgres --> psqlodbc  ?????  --> SQL Server

Also where are the error message above coming from?

I see reference to Procedure RetrieveHttpEvents, so my guess somewhere
in the middle part of the diagram above.

Also when you say replaced 'text' column, where are you doing that, the
Postgres server, SQL server or somewhere else?

What is the actual CREATE TABLE definition for the tables on Postgres
and SQL Server?

Remember we are not looking at your set up directly, we only have what
you provide and the more you provide the better.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com