Re: Using the database to validate data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Using the database to validate data
Date
List pgsql-general
On 07/23/2015 08:20 PM, 林士博 wrote:
> If I am following correctly, you can do it in your application as follows.
> 1.begin transaction
> 2.insert each data. Catch db exception,
> and save exception message and other information you need to array.
> 3.in <http://3.in> the end ,you can get all the information about the
> wrong data in array if there is any.
>     and then you can decide whether it is need to rollback or to commit.
> By the way, this is about programming but not postgresql.

Not sure I am following, the OP was asking the best way to catch any
errors Postgres might throw using built in database features as much as
possible. That seems to to be Postgres related.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com