Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Nick Gorham
Subject Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client
Date
In response to Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client  ("Stefan Viljoen" <viljoens@verishare.co.za>)
Responses Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client  ("Stefan Viljoen" <viljoens@verishare.co.za>)
Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client  (scottkensai <scottkensai@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-odbc
On 20/07/15 13:07, Stefan Viljoen wrote:
> Hi Jeremy
>
>> I think your /etc/hosts file is fine but just to be certain you could try
>> psql -h 127.0.0.1 ...
>> if this works it is probably NOT the problem.
> Ok, tried this - psql -works-?
>
> ---
> [root@jhbasterisk ~]# psql -h 127.0.0.1 -U asteriskcdruser -d asteriskcdrdb
> psql (9.4.4)
> Type "help" for help.
>
> asteriskcdrdb=>
> ---
>
> So that blows my theory out of the water - postgres clearly is listening via
> IPV4 on 127.0.0.1 and accepts the connection (my hba file currently has
> "trust" on all lines, so no password is requested.)
>
> Putting all the lines in the hba.conf to "md5" asks for a password for the
> above step, but STILL works, and isql still fails with the exact same error
> it constantly fails with.
>
> All I can surmise is that the unixODBC drivers are incapable due to some
> protocol difference or mismatch in connecting to the pgsql driver supplied
> with Postgres 9.4 as there apparently is no error in my configuration or
> installation of either.

Can I just check, when you say "unixODBC drivers" you don't mean the age
old version of the postgres driver that used to be part of the default
unixODBC build? If it is, don't touch that, its only there as a example.

--
Nick Gorham