PostGIS Integration - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Paul Ramsey
Subject PostGIS Integration
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Actually, in my wet dream, we stored everything in system tables.
Dimensionality and SRID became parameters of the geometry, the
selectivity stats lived in the system stats table (as Mark's patch
should hopefully do) and the geometry_columns view just pulled
everything together into one user-convenient location.

CREATE TABLE foo ( mygeom POLYGON(4326) );
CREATE TABLE bar ( mygeom MULTILINESTRING(20711, 2 ) );

I think we had this discussion before though, and the "parameterized"
types, like varchar(256), were not available for extended types, like
our geometries.

P.