Re: pg_dump (PostgreSQL) 9.4.1 - delay in checking if file exists - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: pg_dump (PostgreSQL) 9.4.1 - delay in checking if file exists
Date
List pgsql-general
On 07/07/2015 07:12 AM, pinker wrote:
> Adrian Klaver-4 wrote
>> So how did you get the wrong file name then, the pgAdmin backup dialog
>> has a file selector?
>>
>> Or did you cut and paste into the file field?
>
> Anyway, shouldn't postgresql first check if dump can be saved? and then
> start doing it?

pgAdmin != Postgres. You are accessing the pg_dump via another program
and so I am trying to help you figure out which one is causing the issue.

So:
1) How did you provide the wrong path to pgAdmin?

2) What happens if you run the command from the command line, in other
directly and not through pgAdmin?