Re: [pg_hba.conf] publish own Python application using PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [pg_hba.conf] publish own Python application using PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On 07/05/2015 09:43 PM, c.buhtz@posteo.jp wrote:
> On 2015-07-05 15:13 Jan de Visser <jan@de-visser.net> wrote:
>> You could set up a whole new server with a different $PGDATA on a
>> different port.
>
> I (and the user) don't want to setup anything - that is the point.

Then what you want is an embedded database, in other words a program
that you can include inside your application. As others have suggested
Sqlite is just such program and what is more it is included in the
Python standard library since 2.5. Postgres is not an embedded database
and therefore it will by nature exist outside the app. This means either
you have to create code to anticipate all your users setups and
configure Postgres accordingly or you will need to include the user in
the set up process.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com