Fwd: A better translation version of Chinese for psql/po/zh_CN.po file - Mailing list pgsql-translators

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Fwd: A better translation version of Chinese for psql/po/zh_CN.po file
Date
List pgsql-translators
Hi translators,

Can you take a look at the Chinese translation update from Rugal
Bernstein below? I just spotted this in the Postgres July commitfest,
but there's no need to track it there.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: A better translation version of Chinese for psql/po/zh_CN.po file
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 22:22:26 -0600
From: tenjindescend@gmail.com <tenjindescend@gmail.com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>

Hello all,
This is my first patch to postgreSQL, so I think I'd better start from a
easy one.

I am a native Chinese speaker. A lot of words and expressions are
different between mainsand Chinese and TaiWan/HongKong Chinese.

For instance TaiWan Chinese will use "档案" to represent "file", but in
mainland Chinese we use "文件". Things like that make a huge difference
in 'src/bin/psql/po/zh_CN.po', after check this file, I manually
translate and modify the entire file to make it more native Chinese
like, but I think there still have some space to improve.

If any of you think this version of translation is useful or have any
question , please let me know.

Rugal Bernstein
Graduate Student @ University of Manitoba
Data Mining; Machine Learning; Neural Network

Attachment