Re: Error message in Pgpool repmgr cluster - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Error message in Pgpool repmgr cluster
Date
List pgsql-general
On 07/01/2015 01:13 PM, shibly wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have configured PostgreSQL cluster with repmgr 3.0.1 and PgPool2 3.2 on
> Ubuntu 14.04. Now we are getting the following error messages in the log
> file.
>
>   ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "pk_os_currentstep"
> ERROR: cached plan must not change result type
>
> Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Well you have multiple moving parts here and without more information
this is probably not solvable. The errors are quite clear, the system is
trying to enter a duplicate key for a unique constraint in the first
case. In the second something is changing a type while in flight and
conflicting with an already cached plan. The difficulty is going to be
to figure out what is doing either or both. I would start by looking in
the logs for lines before the above ERRORs for a clue. I would also
suggest working with one add-on at a time, in other words use only
either repmgr or pgPool not both at the same time. In all cases more
information on what your configurations are for repmgr and PgPool are
essential.