Re: [PROPOSAL] VACUUM Progress Checker. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] VACUUM Progress Checker.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015-06-30 PM 04:37, Rahila Syed wrote:

> Design:
>
> A shared preload library to store progress information from different
> backends running VACUUM, calculate remaining time for each and display
> progress in the
> in the form a view.
>

> [...]
>
> Reporting :
>
>  A view named 'pg_maintenance_progress' can be created using the values in
> the struct above.
>
> pg_stat_maintenance can be called from any other backend and will display
> progress of

+1

Just to clarify, the attached patch does not implement the view or the  shared
memory initialization part yet, right? I understand your intention to get
comments on proposed hooks and shared memory structure(s) at this point. By
the way, how does a regular send stats to background stats collector approach
compares to the proposed hooks+shmem approach?

Thanks,
Amit