Re: Parallel Seq Scan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Parallel Seq Scan
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 8:23 PM, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
>>> Would it work to define this as "if non-NULL,
>>> params lacking a 1-bit may be safely ignored"?  Or some other tweak
>>> that basically says that you don't need to care about this, but you
>>> can if you want to.

>> ... this is a better specification.

> Here's an attempt to implement that.

BTW, my Salesforce colleagues have been bit^H^H^Hgriping for quite some
time about the performance costs associated with translating between
plpgsql's internal PLpgSQL_datum-array format and the ParamListInfo
representation.  Maybe it's time to think about some wholesale redesign of
ParamListInfo?  Because TBH this patch doesn't seem like much but a kluge.
It's mostly layering still-another bunch of ad-hoc restrictions on
copyParamList, without removing any one of the kluges we had already.