Issues with systemd unit file for repmgr - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Simon Oxwell
Subject Issues with systemd unit file for repmgr
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

Firstly, I'd like to thank the team for the hard work done in packaging
Postgresql and all the associated ecosystem. It's great stuff and had
saved me heaps of time in the last couple of weeks.

That said, I am having trouble with the systemd unit file for repmgrd
[1]. I'm using the repmgr94 package, version 3.0.1-1 on CentOS7 (so the
RHEL7 flavour). It basically doesn't work, due to a misplaced quote mark
and a kill command that seems to have an issue.

After a bit of hacking, I've got a version that's working and is a
little more flexible with some some of the extra command line options of
repmgrd. What's the best way of sharing it back to team? As a patch file
or as a pull request?

Thanks,

Simon
[1]