Re: SQLJSON - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Álvaro Hernández Tortosa
Subject Re: SQLJSON
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 28/06/15 11:17, Markus KARG wrote:
> I do not see the benefit of that effort, as getting JSON as a LONG VARCHAR
> and then parsing it on behalf of the application is pretty simple and
> straightforward. My vote would be to not do anything until JDBC 4.3 of JDBC
> 5.0 provides a standard API for dealing with JSON inside of the driver or at
> least PostgreSQL 9.5 or PostgreSQL 10 provides a streaming protocol for JSON
> and / or XML.
     Don't do anything?

     And let Java PostgreSQL users down, without a (driver, supported)
means of getting JSON out of their database? So we make the "marketing"
that 9.4 is all about jsonb and the NoSQL replacement yet you cannot do
JSON with Java?

     Really?

     User's don't care about extreme performance. Users care about easy
of use and decent set of features. Adding JSON support, even thought
it's not the most performant one is something we should be doing as
quickly as possible.

     Regards,

     Álvaro

--