Re: GIN: Implementing triConsistent and strategy number - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: GIN: Implementing triConsistent and strategy number
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 06/24/2015 11:11 PM, Jeff Janes wrote:
> Is there a way to implement triConsistent for only some of the strategy
> numbers?

No.

> It looks like I would have to internally re-implement something like
> shimTriConsistentFn for each strategy number for which I don't want to
> implement the ternary system in full.  Am I missing a trick?

Hmm. It didn't occur to me that you might want to implement
tri-consistent for some strategy numbers and fall back to the
shim-implementation for others. Do you have a real-world example of
where that'd be useful?

- Heikki