Re: less log level for success dynamic background workers for 9.5 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: less log level for success dynamic background workers for 9.5
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 6/23/15 8:11 PM, Craig Ringer wrote:
> I've certainly had similar issues to you w.r.t. to debug messages from
> user-level code, and wanted to be able to enable one particular log
> line, all log output from a particular function, or all log output
> from a particular extension / all functions in a schema.

I would also like the ability to potentially change the log level for
all calls made out of a certain function/schema/etc. Basically, change
it for everything below a certain entry in the call stack.

> I think it's a whole separate topicto Pavel's original proposal
> though, and really merits a separate thread. For Pavel's issue I'm all
> in favour of just changing the log message, I think LOG is way too
> high for something that's internal implementation detail.

+1.