Re: Revoke Public Database Connect - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Francisco Leovey
Subject Re: Revoke Public Database Connect
Date
List pgsql-novice
That is a ridiculous "nanosecond window" - the database you created is empty - nothing to connect to. Just load data AFTER the revoke.

--- On Fri, 5/27/11, Alan Gutierrez <alan@prettyrobots.com> wrote:

From: Alan Gutierrez <alan@prettyrobots.com>
Subject: [NOVICE] Revoke Public Database Connect
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Date: Friday, May 27, 2011, 2:55 PM

I'm configuring a multi-tenant PostgreSQL server. When I create a new database, anyone can connect to it. For me, that is bad.

I run:

REVOKE CONNECT ON DATABASE d FROM public;

Now I'm only able to connect to the database as postgres.

I tired putting the create and revoke in a transaction, but create database cannot be put in a transaction. How do I create a database so there is not that nanosecond window where someone could connect to the database publiclly?

--
Alan Gutierrez - http://twitter.com/bigeasy - http://github.com/bigeasy