Re: The purpose of the core team - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: The purpose of the core team
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 06/11/2015 08:26 AM, Robert Haas wrote:

>> Timing *decisions* are not made by -core, as I've told you in the
>> past. They are made by the packagers who do the actual work, based on
>> suggestions from -core.
>
> You have told me that in the past, and I do not accept that it is true.
>
> The suggestions from -core are always accepted, or as near as makes no
> difference.  So in effect, -core decides.

Robert,

This is crap. I am on the packagers list. Core always asks what people
think and no it is not always accepted. There have been many times that
the release has been pushed off because of resources available or new
information being provided. There have also been plenty of well worn
FOSS arguments on that list to make sure that everything is done in a
mature, reliable and professional way.

JD