Re: RFC: Remove contrib entirely - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: RFC: Remove contrib entirely
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 06/05/2015 03:34 AM, Jim Nasby wrote:
> On 6/4/15 3:11 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
>>> There is no indication of what versions of pg any of PGXN modules
>>> are tested on, or even if there are tests that can be run to prove
>>> the module works correctly with a particular version of pg.
>> Yeah, I’ve been meaning to integratehttp://pgxn-tester.org/ results
>> for all modules, which would help with that. In the meantime you can
>> hit that site itself. Awesome work by Tomas Vondra.
>
> A number of modules also run Travis-CI. Might be worth having a way
> for a module to provide it's status .png.

It's also quite possible to test extensions in the buildfarm using an
addon module, which is mostly boilerplate. Of course, that does require
that you're running a buildfarm member. Here's the code for the module
that tests the FileTextArray extension.
<https://github.com/PGBuildFarm/client-code/blob/master/PGBuild/Modules/FileTextArrayFDW.pm>

This and the RedisFDW are tested daily or more often, on machines I control.

cheers

andrew