Re: postgresql-9.5.3 compilation on Solaris SPARC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: postgresql-9.5.3 compilation on Solaris SPARC
Date
List pgsql-general
Venkata Balaji N <nag1010@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 1:04 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> http://www.unix.com/man-page/opensolaris/3c/atomic_cas/
>> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/821-1465/atomic-cas-3c.html
>>
>> I see that the first of those mentions it's for SunOS 5.11 whereas your
>> machine says it's 5.10 ... is it possible the functions were new in 5.11?

> I am not 100% sure. By the error, what i understand is that for some reason
> PostgreSQL version 9.5.x is expecting the SunOS version to be more recent
> than 5.10.

Well, it's not --- we have a buildfarm animal that's running 5.10, and
it seems perfectly happy:
http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=castoroides&dt=2016-05-21%2014%3A00%3A47

At this point I suspect that Asif Naeem was correct upthread in
questioning your compile options --- particularly the -L switches.
castoroides seems to just be using this:

'config_env' => {
      'CFLAGS' => '-m64 -xarch=native -xdepend -xO4 -xprefetch=auto,explicit',
      'CC' => 'cc',
      'LDFLAGS' => ''
},

            regards, tom lane