Re: Further issues with jsonb semantics, documentation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Further issues with jsonb semantics, documentation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 6/4/15 8:43 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> You are conflating two different things here, quite pointlessly. The RH
> operand of ?| is not a path, whereas the RH operand of this - variant
> is. The fact that they are both text arrays doesn't mean that they
> should mean the same thing. And this is really the whole problem with
> the rest of your analysis.

Has the idea of a specific json_path datatype been discussed? I feel it
would add a lot of clarity to the operators. It would also make it easy
to have an array of paths, something that's difficult to do today
because a path can be an arbitrary length and arrays don't support that.