Re: MD5 password storage - should be the same everywhere? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Reyes
Subject Re: MD5 password storage - should be the same everywhere?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 05/25/2015 07:58 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 05/25/2015 01:41 PM, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> I understood that is just a md5 hash of the password and the username
> with the string md5 pre-appended, so it should be the same.

Mistery solved..
Because I usually do "script" of most of my work for audits I was able
to track down what happened. Original request was to get data from
'machine 2', but it was later changed. Found something in the output of
my script that lead me to believe maybe the roles did not come from
'machine 2'.

Was able to find the source machine by using
select rolname, rolpassword,rolcanlogin from pg_catalog.pg_authid where
rolname = 'SomeUser';

Against machines I thought could have been the source and found a
matching one.