Re: BUG #13307: Increasing space - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Julian Schauder
Subject Re: BUG #13307: Increasing space
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 18.05.2015 07:23, s.rama194@gmail.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      13307
> Logged by:          Rama Shankar
> Email address:      s.rama194@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
> Operating system:   Ubantu
>
> In my db one table is there having around 20k rows, It is occupying space
> very fast, per second 1 MB, Please tell me solution for that one.

Hello,

We need more information on that one.

Is it 20k rows at rest or is there traffic on the table?
What version of PostgreSQL are you using?
How do you determine the DB-Size?

My first guess would be bloat, caused by high frequent updates and a rather lazy
autovacuum.

Regards,
Julian