Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove pgbench "progress" testpending solution of its timing is (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Steele
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove pgbench "progress" testpending solution of its timing is (fwd)
Date
In response to Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove pgbench "progress" testpending solution of its timing is (fwd)  (Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/28/20 5:27 AM, Fabien COELHO wrote:

> Hello Tom,
>
> Thanks for your feedback,
>
>>> I'd be rather unclear about what the actual feedback is, though. I'd
>>> interpret it as "pg does not care much about code coverage". Most
>>> clients
>>> are in the red on coverage.postgresql.org. I'd like pgbench at least
>>> to be
>>> in the green, but it does not look that it will ever be the case.
>
>> The reason why the first iteration failed was that it was insufficiently
>> insensitive to timing.

This patch has been marked Returned with Feedback.

If the TAP tests could be made to work without the special exceptions
added to pgbench.c I think this patch would have a better chance.

Regards,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net