Re: Reorganization of spinlock defines - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Reorganization of spinlock defines
Date
Re: Reorganization of spinlock defines
List pgsql-patches
> The problem with waiting for 7.5 is that we will have no error reporting
> when our non-spinlock code is being executed, and with Opteron/Itanium,
> it seems like a good time to get it working.

Well, as long as you're prepared to reduce the list of known supported
platforms to zero as of 7.4beta3, and issue a fresh call for port reports.

But it seems to me that this is mostly a cosmetic cleanup and therefore
not the kind of thing to be doing late in beta.  Couldn't we do
something that affects only Opteron/Itanium and doesn't take a chance
on breaking everything else?

            regards, tom lane