Re: psql 8 warm standby strong start, weak finish - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: psql 8 warm standby strong start, weak finish
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04/30/2015 05:22 PM, Charlton Galvarino wrote:
> MASTER
>    * archive_command = 'cp -v %p /var/lib/pgsql/archives/%f'
>    * rsync files in [MASTER:/var/lib/pgsql/archives that are +10m and delete on them once sent] to
[STANDBY:/var/lib/pgsql/archives]

> STANDBY
>    * restore_command = 'pg_standby -d -s 2 -t /tmp/pgsql.trigger /var/lib/pgsql/archives %f %p %r 2>>standby.log'
>    * no cleanup to do since pg_standby cleans up old WAL's
>
> MASTER and STANDBY are completely separate servers that do not have any common disk space.

 From here:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Warm_Standby

"Set archive_command in the master's postgresql.conf. rysnc is a popular
choice or you can just use one of the examples from the docs. I use:

rsync -a %p postgres@standbyhost:/path/to/wal_archive/%f
"

Simplifies the process.

--