Re: pg_dump: largeobject behavior issues (possible bug) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: pg_dump: largeobject behavior issues (possible bug)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 04/24/2015 03:41 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Given that large objects don't have any individual dependencies,
> one could envision fixing this by replacing the individual large-object
> DumpableObjects by a single placeholder to participate in the sort phase,
> and then when it's time to dump that, scan the large objects using a
> cursor and create/print/delete the information separately for each one.
> This would likely involve some rather painful refactoring in pg_dump
> however.

Andrew G mentioned something about using a cursor for the main query
that pulls the info. He said that it wasn't a solution but may be a
bandaid (my words). Is that something we may want to look into as a stop
gap?

--
The most kicking donkey PostgreSQL Infrastructure company in existence.
The oldest, the most experienced, the consulting company to the stars.