Re: LOCKing method in my situation? - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Alexander Popkov
Subject Re: LOCKing method in my situation?
Date
List pgsql-php
Hello Paul,

PNT> Alexander:

PNT> It sounds like a lock preventing concurrent writes would be your best
PNT> bet.  This would mean that only one instance of your script can be
PNT> *changing* the table at one time, but it has no effect on transactions
PNT> that only read from that.

PNT> If I read the docs correctly:
PNT> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/explicit-locking.html

PNT> You want to obtain a ROW EXCLUSIVE lock, e.g.,

PNT> LOCK TABLE <table name> IN ROW EXCLUSIVE;

Thanks! I am read this doc carefully. I am understand what i need:
i need _any_ lock method, which conflicts along, but not conflict with
ROW SHARE MODE (for working concurrent selects). I am choose
IN SHARE UPDATE EXCLUSIVE MODE and test it on 3 pgsql consoles - it
worked ;)

Big thanks!

--
Best regards,