Re: correlated query as a column and where clause - Mailing list pgsql-general

From salah jubeh
Subject Re: correlated query as a column and where clause
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello All,

The following query give me what I want.
Select nspname, COALESCE(t_count.count,0) as num_of_tables, COALESCE(v_count.count,0) as num_of_views
FROM pg_namespace
Left Join (SELECT schemaname, count(*) as count FROM pg_tables group by schemaname) t_count on (t_count.schemaname = nspname)
Left Join (SELECT schemaname, count(*) as count FROM pg_views  group by schemaname) v_count on (v_count.schemaname = nspname)
where nspname !~* 'pg_' and (COALESCE(t_count.count,0)+COALESCE(v_count.count,0) <= 2)
order by 1,2;
But, why I can not  use the alias of the select statement ( as in the original post)  in the where clause.

Regards