Re: RI triggers and schemas - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: RI triggers and schemas
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com> writes:
> Sorry, I must have misunderstood you. I thought you were backing away
> from changing the arguments that were created for the trigger. Or did
> you mean using the stored info on the two oids we already have in the
> record (tgrelid and tgconstrrelid)?

No, I still want to put table OIDs not names into the trigger arguments.
The table OIDs in pg_trigger would do fine if the trigger function could
get at them, but it can't; so we need to copy them into the trigger
arguments.  (Hmm, I suppose another option is to extend the Trigger
data structure to include tgconstrrelid, and just ignore the table names
in the trigger argument list.)

I am backing away from changing the attribute name arguments to attnums,
though; I'm thinking that the potential conversion problems outweigh
being able to eliminate some RENAME support code.