Re: Link Office Word form document with data from PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Link Office Word form document with data from PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On 3/30/2015 1:20 AM, avpro avpro wrote:

> Have you ever experienced how to populate fields from a MS Office Word
> document with a PostgreSQL data available either in a table or view?
>
> I haven’t seen anything on the web; only possible with MS products, VS
> or Access.
>
> Thank you for your input

Microsoft Office tools like Word should be able to directly access
Postgres databases via ODBC or OLEDB with the suitable Postgres driver
(odbc or oledb) installed on the Windows system, and configured to
access the Postgres database.   I've done this in the past with Excel,
no reason it wouldn't work in Word.