Re: PG84 and SELinux - Mailing list pgsql-general

From James B. Byrne
Subject Re: PG84 and SELinux
Date
PG84 and SSL on CentOS-5.5 was PG84 and SELinux  ("James B. Byrne" <byrnejb@harte-lyne.ca>)
List pgsql-general

On Fri, December 3, 2010 07:40, James B. Byrne wrote:

> I restarted the server this morning, waited for the relabel to
> finish ( a very long time ), and then upgraded to pg-8.4 without any
> problems.  SSL works fine as well.  .  .

I wrote too soon.  What I did was uncomment the ssl option.  I
neglected to change the setting from off to on.

When I try to start the server with ssl=on it fails with this error:

Auto configuration failed
29006:error:0E065068:configuration file routines:STR_COPY:variable
has no value:conf_def.c:629:line 207

I have checked gpsql/data and the server.key and server.crt files
are both present:

-rw-------  1 postgres postgres  5213 Dec 12  2007 server.crt
-rw-------  1 postgres postgres  1675 Dec 12  2007 server.key

The only change made in the postgresql.conf file that triggered this
was changing 'off' to 'on' for ssl.  Changing it back to 'off' makes
the problem disappear.

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3