Re: Installation problems - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Installation problems
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 03/26/2015 07:21 AM, Robert S. Bachman wrote:
> Thank you. Yes,  I'm using Windows 7 (64b).
>
> I invoked the dialog and setup a data source but I'm still having problems
> connecting.
>
> I attached a snippet of the driver setup dialog. When I hit the Test button,
> I get a
> Dialog stating. "Could not connect to the server; Could not resolve
> hostname."
>
> The Server entry in the dialog is: "PostgreSQL 9.0 (x86)(localhost:5432)"

PostgreSQL 9.0 (x86)(localhost:5432) is just an identifier pgAdmin
creates to differentiate servers in the their server tree dialog.

Assuming the server is on the same machine as the ODBC driver then the
Server entry should be:

localhost

If the ODBC client is remote to the Postgres server then the Server
entry would be the

IP address, say 192.168.0.56

or a hostname, say dbserver.example.com

--