RE: [SQL] Deleting indexes before vacuum? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Pham, Thinh
Subject RE: [SQL] Deleting indexes before vacuum?
Date
List pgsql-sql

Another quick question as we're on this subject: what if i could never shut
the database down to do those drop/vacuum/create steps? I'm asking b/c we're
running a 911 service here and have to be online 24hours/day since you never
know when an emergency call is going to happen. Is there any other way of
keeping the database always online but letting you do preventive maintenance
stuff? How about replication?

Thanks,
Thinh