Re: Re: BUG #12885: The result of casting a double to an integer depends on the database version - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Pedro Gimeno
Subject Re: Re: BUG #12885: The result of casting a double to an integer depends on the database version
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote, On 2015-03-25 18:57:
> Hmm ... I'm thinking we probably should explicitly check for inf and NaN,
> no?
>
>     if (isnan(x) || isinf(x))
>        return x;
>
> It's possible the given coding would return this result anyway by
> accident, but that seems rather fragile.

I agree about NaN; it worked but mostly by accident. The big number
detection catches infinity unambiguously. Added to a comment in the
attached (plus corresponding tests).

Attachment