Re: Performance issues - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: Performance issues
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

On 13.3.2015 20:59, Vivekanand Joshi wrote:
> I am really worried about the performance of PostgreSQL as we have
> almost 1.5 billion records in promotion history table. Do you guys

In the previous message you claimed the post table has 10M rows ...

> really think PostgreSQL can handle this much load. We have fact
> tables which are more than 15 GB in size and we have to make joins
> with those tables in almost every query.

That depends on what performance you're looking for. You'll have to
provide considerably more information until we can help you. You might
want to check this:

   https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Slow_Query_Questions

You have not provided the full query, just a query apparently
referencing views, so that the actual query is way more complicated.
Also, plain EXPLAIN is not really sufficient, we need EXPLAIN ANALYZE.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/