copy and paste ERROR on table with column with type 'SERIAL' - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From André Burkhardt
Subject copy and paste ERROR on table with column with type 'SERIAL'
Date
List pgadmin-support
We are using pgAdmin 4 4.13. Our Administrators often work with copy and
paste rows within a table using the GUI. In pgAdmin III, when copy and
paste a row with a SERIAL, a messagebox with question:

"This table contains columns from type 'SERIAL'. Use values from within
clipboard for this column? YES/NO"

pops up. If select NO, the column with the SERIAL is cleared after
insert. When saving the changes, the field is filled with next value
from sequence.

In pgAdmin 4 the dedection of such SERIAL-columns is not implemented, so
that you have to clear the column with SERIAL manually. Otherwise an
Error-Message pops up after saving.

Is it on roadmap to implement this useful feature in pgAdmin 4?

Regards
André