Re: pg_conndefaults Returning empty string - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: pg_conndefaults Returning empty string
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/09/2015 10:40 AM, Anushka Chandrababu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you Adrian for showing interest in my query.
>
> The software I am using is Tableau Server. The library for tcl is lib.pgtcl.

Well on here:

https://github.com/flightaware/Pgtcl/blob/master/doc/PGTCL-NOTES

I do not see that pg_conndefaults does anything. Though there is this:

pg_dbinfo connections
This returns the currect connection handles

Maybe you get the information from there.

In any case you might be able to get more useful information from the
library author at the above GitHub reo.

> Thank You
> Anushka
>
> On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 11:00 PM, Adrian Klaver
> <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 03/09/2015 09:52 AM, Anushka Chandrababu wrote:
>
>         Hi,
>
>         I am using Postgres as a part of another software and the
>         version is 9.3.
>

>     That software would be?
>

>         I do not know how then the pg_conndefaults command works.
>
>         Please help me with some other solution so that I can get the
>         details of
>         a particular connection such as host ip address and then use
>         that create
>         a new connection to a different database.
>

>     Well you say you are using tcl, so you will need to elaborate on
>     what that means?
>
>     What library are you using?
>

>         Thank You
>         Anushka