Re: VACUUM FULL doesn't reduce table size - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: VACUUM FULL doesn't reduce table size
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/09/2015 04:22 AM, pinker wrote:
> Yes I have. Environment I'm working on is production snapshot, so there is no
> active transactions that could block those blocks from being removed...

Well the below from your original post would say different:

VACUUM FULL VERBOSE output:

INFO:  vacuuming "my_table"
INFO:  "my_table": found 0 removable, 2989662 nonremovable row versions
in 36910 pages
DETAIL:  2989421 dead row versions cannot be removed yet.
CPU 1.10s/1.82u sec elapsed 9.46 sec.
Query returned successfully with no result in 9826 ms.

So some information is in order:

What version of Postgres are you using?

What do you mean by 'production snapshot' or more to the point how did
you get the snapshot?

What does select * from pg_stat_activity show?