dump postgres cluster with different encodings - Mailing list pgsql-general

From basti
Subject dump postgres cluster with different encodings
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello I have a postgres cluster with following databases

 davical            | pgadmin           | UTF8      | en_US.utf8      |
en_US.utf8      |
 test                | test              | LATIN9    | en_US.iso885915 |
en_US.iso885915 |
 foo                | postgres          | SQL_ASCII | en_US.iso885915 |
en_US.iso885915 |

when I try to dump this cluster with pg_dump or pg_dumpall I get errors
like:

pg_dump -E utf8 -i -p 5432 -F c -b -v -f "davical.backup" davical
pg_dump: [archiver (db)] connection to database "davical" failed:
FATAL:  database locale is incompatible with operating system
DETAIL:  The database was initialized with LC_COLLATE "en_US.utf8",
which is not recognized by setlocale().
HINT:  Recreate the database with another locale or install the missing
locale.

I can't connect to this database via pgadmin, there is the same error.

locale -a
C.UTF-8
de_DE.utf8
en_US.iso885915
en_US.utf8
POSIX

how can I dump this cluster? and connect to database?