Re: Partitioning WIP patch (was: Partitioning: issues/ideas) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: Partitioning WIP patch (was: Partitioning: issues/ideas)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 24-02-2015 PM 05:13, Amit Langote wrote:
> On 21-01-2015 PM 07:26, Amit Langote wrote:
>>
>> Ok, I will limit myself to focusing on following things at the moment:
>>
>> * Provide syntax in CREATE TABLE to declare partition key
>> * Provide syntax in CREATE TABLE to declare a table as partition of a
>> partitioned table and values it contains
>> * Arrange to have partition key and values stored in appropriate
>> catalogs (existing or new)
>> * Arrange to cache partitioning info of partitioned tables in relcache
>>

> Here is an experimental patch that attempts to implement this.

I divided the patch into two for convenience:

1) 0001_partition_syntax_catalog - adds commands, catalog and
partitioned table relation descriptor related WIP code

2) 0002_tuple-routing-poc - an experimental patch to test how well
binary search approach works for tuple routing in ExecInsert().

Please take a look.

Thanks,
Amit

Attachment