Re: proposal: disallow operator "=>" and use it for named parameters - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: proposal: disallow operator "=>" and use it for named parameters
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 19/01/15 17:14, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> <mailto:robertmhaas@gmail.com>>:
>
>     On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 2:59 AM, Pavel Stehule
>     <pavel.stehule@gmail.com <mailto:pavel.stehule@gmail.com>> wrote:
>     >> I think you should just remove the WARNING, not change it to an error.
>     >> If somebody wants to quote the operator name to be able to continue
>     >> using it, I think that's OK.
>     >
>     > It looks so quoting doesn't help here
>     >
>     > + CREATE OPERATOR "=>" (
>     > +    leftarg = int8,<--><------>-- right unary
>     > +    procedure = numeric_fac
>     > + );
>     > + ERROR:  syntax error at or near "("
>     > + LINE 1: CREATE OPERATOR "=>" (
>
>     Well then the error check is just dead code.  Either way, you don't
>     need it.
>

> yes, I removed it

I am marking this as Ready For Committer, the patch is trivial and works
as expected, there is nothing to be added to it IMHO.

The "=>" operator was deprecated for several years so it should not be
too controversial either.

Services