Reformatting the FDW wiki page - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From damien clochard
Subject Reformatting the FDW wiki page
Date
Re: Reformatting the FDW wiki page
List pgsql-advocacy
Hey guys,

Last time I checked, there's now more that 40 Foreign Data Wrappers in
the wild and the wiki that tries to keep track of everything is kind of
a mess :

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Foreign_data_wrappers

* The page is way too long to scroll
* Separating the "native" FDW from the "multicorn" FDW doesn't really
make sense for the end user.
* For some data source, they are several FDW living their own lives
(mongo for instance)
* For each FDW the data provided can easily be standardized ( data
source, url, PGXN link, comment, etc.) so that each project can be
treated in the same way
* We need to find a unified format to update and maintain this data easily

So I'd like to start a complete makeover of this page, but before I go
bonkers on the wiki syntax, here's a preview :

Here's the NoSQL section as it is now :
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Foreign_data_wrappers#NoSQL_Database_Wrappers

Here's the NoSQL section as I'd like it to be :
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/FDW_v2

Any comments ?