Re: Reformatting the FDW wiki page - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Reformatting the FDW wiki page
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 4:06 PM, damien clochard <damien@dalibo.info> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Last time I checked, there's now more that 40 Foreign Data Wrappers in
> the wild and the wiki that tries to keep track of everything is kind of
> a mess :
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Foreign_data_wrappers
>

> * The page is way too long to scroll
> * Separating the "native" FDW from the "multicorn" FDW doesn't really
> make sense for the end user.
> * For some data source, they are several FDW living their own lives
> (mongo for instance)
> * For each FDW the data provided can easily be standardized ( data
> source, url, PGXN link, comment, etc.) so that each project can be
> treated in the same way
> * We need to find a unified format to update and maintain this data easily
>
> So I'd like to start a complete makeover of this page, but before I go
> bonkers on the wiki syntax, here's a preview :
>
> Here's the NoSQL section as it is now :
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Foreign_data_wrappers#NoSQL_Database_Wrappers
>
> Here's the NoSQL section as I'd like it to be :
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/FDW_v2
>
> Any comments ?

I think that's much better - thanks.

Just to note though - EDB took over maintenance of the Mongo FDW from
Citus Data, with their approval. You should probably only list that
one once.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com