Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Process 'die' interrupts while reading/writing from the client s - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Process 'die' interrupts while reading/writing from the client s
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/03/2015 11:51 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> + * This is called just after low-level writes. That might be after the read
> + * finished successfully, or it was interrupted via interrupt. 'blocked' tells
> + * us whether the

Looks like you forgot to complete that sentence before pushing...

Also, nightjar is unhappy with this:

TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(InterruptHoldoffCount == 0 && CritSectionCount
== 0)", File:
"/pgbuild/root/HEAD/pgsql.build/../pgsql/src/backend/tcop/postgres.c",
Line: 574)

I think that assertion in ProcessClientWriteInterrupt() should be simply
removed. ProcessClientWriteInterrupt() copes just fine, i.e. does
nothing, if we're in a critical section or interrupts are held.

- Heikki