Missing seconds in a date (timestamp) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Eliézer Madeira de Campos
Subject Missing seconds in a date (timestamp)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello everyone:

I'm working to upgrade a database from PostgreSQL 7.3 to 8.0 version.
The database serves a complex J2EE application, running Jboss in multiple servers. All servers run Linux RedHat.
I found a problem yesterday.
Whenever the application inserts a date prior to 1914-01-01, the actual date written in the database is different. For instance:
'1900-01-01' is stored as '1899-12-31 23:59:32'. The column datatype is timestamp without timezone.

If I run the command directly against the database (psql) the date is stored correctly. The weird thing is that we tried to debug the JDBC driver and it seems to be sending the correct information to the database.

I couldn't find any report on this... so I guess it is most likely I'm doing something wrong.

Any ideas?

Eliézer Madeira de Campos
eliezer (at) diuno.com.br