Re: pgdump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: pgdump
Date
List pgsql-general
On 01/30/2015 01:16 AM, Ramesh T wrote:
> when i try to dump the database windows based pgadmin 3 it returns
> message like
>
> pg_dump: server version: 9.3.4; pg_dump version: 9.1.3
> pg_dump: aborting because of server version mismatch
>
> any help..?

Use a 9.3+ version of pg_dump. A version of pg_dump is backwards
compatible so it can work on its version to Postgres versions going back
to 7.2, I believe. That does not work the other way around as you found
above. pgAdmin3 is picking up a 9.1.3 version of pg_dump and trying to
use it to dump a 9.3 version of Postgres.  So you will need to find the
9.3 version of pg_dump and use that.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com