Re: PostgreSQL for Odroid - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: PostgreSQL for Odroid
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 01/26/2015 03:47 PM, Milan Hronský wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> I have been working with PG-SQL database on Windows platform. Recently I bought my first Linux computer Odroid XU3
Lightwith Ubuntu 14.04.
> So I tried to download PostgreSQL from
> http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/trusty-pgdg/InRelease
> , but it failed:
> ------------------------
> $ apt-get update
> W: Failed to fetch http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/trusty-pgdg/InRelease  Unable to find expected entry
'main/binary-armhf/Packages'in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

> Documentation for version 9.1.14 lists ARM as a supported platform.
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/supported-platforms.html

apt.postgresql.org currently only provides binary packages for i386 and
amd64, and while postgresql is expected to work on modern ARM based
platforms you will either have to use the binary packages provided by
your distribution (ie ubuntu) or build from source.

Stefan